Audio Visual Office
The Periodical Section houses current newspapers, magazines, pamphlets, journals
and other bound and loose periodicals. This section is used for gathering latest
information for research and studies, reading newspapers and magazines about current
events, etc. Specifically, it
- provides access to periodical collection through indices, information files, corporate
and country profile and De La Salle Lipa publications and pamphlets.
- lends periodical collections for inside use and for photocopying.
- answers queries regarding periodical materials.
Guidelines on borrowing materials in the Periodical Section
- Designated forms must be filled out before using the periodical material.
- Periodical materials must be read within the periodical section only. They are strictly
for library and photocopying use only.
- Provides monthly bulletin to inform library users of the newly acquired books available
- Updates the collection through continuous purchase of books for additional references
and research use.
- Photocopies books of limited or out-of-stock copies that are in need by the students
and faculty members.
- Provides book annotation to help users in searching their topics
- Students must sign up on the form completely for their reservation within a particular
time slot. Signing up more than once is prohibited because students are allowed
to only one session a day to give others a chance to use the internet. However,
they may use the Internet Laboratory as a walk-in.
- If the students who had signed up for a particular time slot was 15 minutes late,
the slot will be given to any walk-in student who wants to use the internet.
- Students are not allowed to enter in-between sessions. Internet Laboratory will
be closed 30 minutes after the start of each session.
- Students are off limits to the computer units assigned to the faculty and staff.
- Students must present their school ID once the personnel assigned starts checking
during the session.
- Eating, drinking, loitering and unnecessary discussions are strictly prohibited.
Staying in the laboratory without any computer available for use is also prohibited.
- Opening of restricted/pornographic web sites and playing PC/ online games are not
allowed. Changing of air conditioner and computer settings is also not allowed.
- After the session ends, internet users should close all the programs to give way
to the next users. Bags should be inspected before leaving the laboratory.
- Wearing of inappropriate attire, e.g. sandos, plunging neckline, halter tops, cycling
shorts, pants which are not full length, shorts, clothes with frayed hems, tattered
jeans, slippers, sleeveless shirts, mini- skirts, hanging and off- shoulders blouses,
and other revealing attires is not allowed.
- All technical problems should be addressed to the Internet Laboratory Clerk or to
any personnel on duty.
- Violators of the Internet Laboratory policies will be sanctioned according to the
discipline provisions of the College Student Handbook.
The Lipasalliana Archives is open to researchers from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., from
Monday to Friday. It is advised to contact the Lipasalliana Archives in advance
of your intended visit and indicate the nature of the archival materials or records
you want to consult. This will reduce delays and inconvenience.
- ID and/or Borrower’s Card are required in borrowing Lipasalliana materials.
- Register every time you visit the research room.
- Smoking, drinking or eating in the research room are not allowed.
- Leave all personal belongings except valuables at the registration desk.
- User and borrower must not write or mark any original
- Only pencil is allowed for documentation.
- All archival materials are strictly for room use. In case materials would be photocopied,
the users must submit a photocopying request form with the approval of the archivist.
Issue and return of archival documents
- User and/or borrower must fill out a request form for the materials he/she needs.
- All archival materials will be examined before and after use. The user is responsible
for the material(s) issued, and is liable for loss and damage.
- The person requesting access to restricted materials must contact the personnel
imposing the restrictions through a written letter for the records creator.
Publication of materials from the Lipasalliana Archives
- Request to published copies of documents must be referred to the records creator.
- Information or text derived from Lipasalliana Archives must be acknowledged.
Other Service of Lipasalliana
Silid Batangas Exhibit Room
1. Silid Batangas is open to all exhibitors through reservations.
The Nursing Library is intended for the College of Nursing . It is located at the
5 th Floor at the Mabini Building .
- It has varied collections such as books, journals, magazines, charts and theses
which support the Nursing curriculum.
- It provides audiovisual materials/equipment in support for their class activities.
- The nursing library also keeps the keys for Mini-Auditorium, Amphitheater and computer
cabinet, and the remote control for LCD and air-conditioning units.
- All reservations on the facilities are held at the AV office at the 3rd Floor.,
Sen Jose Diokno Bldg.