Integrated School (IS) students once again garnered accolades as they competed in the 2017 World Mathematics Team Championship in Bangkok, Thailand, Nov. 9 to 13, 2017.
Kiana Alecsandra Garing (Grade 10 – CMR 2015) and Marc Christopher Ferrer (Grade 10 – BM 202) garnered Gold Medals, while Angelina Mae Precilla (Grade 10 – BM 204) reaped a Silver Medal. Elizabeth Kho (Grade 10- BM 203), Ron Gian Aleksei Catibog (Grade 10 – CMR 205), Jose Luis Paolo Domingo (Grade 10 – BM 102), and Jericho Joshua De Jesus (SHS) acquired Bronze Medals.
Delegation leaders were Mr. Dennis Dimaala and Ms. Ma. Theresa Caya. Meanwhile, their coach was Ms. Eufrocina Yabut.
For Team Awards, in every level, the teams’ top 30% are ranked and receive trophies. Each team member gets a certificate while the other 70% of the teams receive participation awards.
In terms of the Individual Awards, for every level the top 10% receive gold medals, the next 20% obtain silver medals, the following 30% receive bronze medals, while the remaining 40% acquire merit medals.